Job Title: Consultant Trainee
Employer: CORAT Africa
Duty Station: Nairobi
Application Deadline: 25th August, 2013.
CORAT Africa seeks to recruit highly motivated and vibrant person to fill the following vacancy: Consultant Trainee
To provide support to the Head of Consultancy and Research in ensuring efficient and timely facilitation of assigned Consultancy andResearch tasks. As Consultant Trainee you will be a valuable resource in our consulting function.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
• To plan and develop consultancy and research assignments
• To design and develop proposal for assignments and ensure follow up of the same
• To participate in field work on assigned consultancy tasks and ensure timely completion of the tasks.
• To be responsible for report writing on assigned tasks
• To implement budget tracking for each of the assignments and ensure effective and efficient implementation
• To ensure quality assurance of the Consultancy, and Research assignments
• To work with the Executive Director C&R in enhancing CORAT Africa client base through creative marketing
• To develop and nurture relationships with clientele to enhance better collaboration
• To supervise and coordinate Associate consultant on assignments
• To facilitate a supportive working atmosphere where all staff are valued
• To facilitate authorization of costs on assignments you are in charge of
• To undertake any other duty as otherwise directed by Executive Director Consultancy and Research.
• Bachelor’s degree in a business or education or related field (Master’s degree will be an added advantage preferably in Finance, Human Resource, Organisational Development from an equivalent from a recognised Institution.
• At least three (3) years relevant experience.
• Strong written , verbal business communication and presentation skills
• Strong interpersonal skills, highly motivated and self-driven.
• Good analytical, conceptual, planning and organisational skills
• Ability to multi-task and undertake research initiatives
• Ability to develop proposals and write reports
• Advanced computer literacy skills in Excel, power point, Word, internet etc.
• Knowledge and understanding of various ecumenical contexts.
Valid Driving License
Committed mature Christian, team player, flexible and adaptable to changing environments, sensitive to cross cultural issues, and a person of high integrity.
The person must be prepared to travel locally and internationally.
Employment will be on contract with an option for renewal. Salary will be within the CORAT grading scales.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their applications enclosing copies of their academic and professional certificates with detailed C.V. and addresses of three professional referees one from their pastor or priest to;
P.O. BOX 42493 00100
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.