Job Reference Code: REQ-0997
Employer: Datum Recruitment Services
Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya
Application Deadline: 31st Oct 2014
Reporting to the Global Services Manager, the Project Manager is responsible for planning, executing and evaluating projects according to predetermined timelines and budgets. Building and managing project team, reporting to the Program Manager (if applicable) or the Global Services
Manager and ensuring quality control throughout project life cycles are central to this position.
The role is full-time, work hours will vary based on the time zones and projects globally.
Major responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Key stakeholder relationships and linkages (where appropriate) - Internal:
• Sales and business development
• Customer Service,
• Executive Team
• 3rd Party Vendors/Partners
• Industry Consultants
• Consumer Marketing / Products
• Key Customers
Key Results Areas (major responsibilities)
Immediate Responsibilities include:
• Manage project development from initiation to closure
• Be accountable for project results with project sponsor
• Work with project sponsors and stakeholders to complete the project charter outlining the scope, goals, deliverables, required resources, budget and timing
• Complete work breakdown structures to estimate effort required for each task
• Provide a project schedule to identify when each task will be performed
• Clearly communicate expectations to team members and stakeholders
• Act as a mediator between stakeholders and team members
• Resolve any issues and solve problems throughout the project lifecycle
• Effectively manage the project scope by ensuring any changes to scope are documented and approved with project change requests.
• Determine if external consultants or contractors will be required to complete the project plan. If required, recruit and manage appropriate staff resources.
• Track and report on project milestones and provide status reports to the sponsor.
• Lead coach and motivate project team members on a proactive basis.
• Determine how results will be measured and complete a post-project evaluation to determine how well results were achieved
• Develop tools and best practices for project management and execution
• Ensure all project documents are safely archived following project completion.
For more details on the job view job code REQ-0997 or to know more on other jobs visit http://www.datum-recruitment.com/jobs-in-africa
Minimum 5 Years work experience in project management
Familiarity with project management tools, Microsoft Project, etc
Demonstrated leadership managing people
Experienced working in a team-orientated, collaborative environment
Strategic operational and technical management skills
Ability to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities
Ability to travel
Excellent communication, leadership, problem solving, and analytical skills
Ability to elicit cooperation from senior management and other departments