Job Group ‘Q’
Employer: Meru County Government - Department of Education and Technology
Duty Station: Nairobi Kenya
Application Deadline: 8th August 2014
Each of the officers will be in charge of a region.ie
Imenti – Imenti South, Buuri,Imenti Central & Imenti North Sub – Counties.
Igembe – Igembe Central,Igembe North & Igembe South Sub – Counties.
Tigania – Tigania West, & Tigania East Sub – Counties.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure quality coverage and delivery of curriculum through regular supervision.
• Assess Institutions for registration
• Inspection of structures and facilities in schools.
• Capacity building and seminars.
• Draw calendars of events for the institutions.
• Assess teacher’s preparations.
• Ensure time tables and learner friendly.
• Guidance & Counselling.
• Writing reports on all activities in the schools.
• Development of localized curriculum.
• Any other duties assigned by the office.
Requirements for Appointment:
• Be a Kenyan Citizen.
• A degree in either of the following; ECDE, Technical and vocational training, Education from a recognised University.
• A Master’s degree in the relevant field will be an added advantage
• Have knowledge, experience and distinguished career in a related area of not less than five (5) years.
• Capacity to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
• Demonstrate understanding of the commitment to the National values and principle of Public Service Governance as espoused in the Constitution of Kenya 2010, Article 10 and 232.
How to Apply:
All applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left hand-side the position you are applying for and addressed to:
County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 120-60200,
Important information to all Applicants:
Meru County Government is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB. Applicants should seek clearance from:
Kenya Revenue Authority
Higher Education Loans Board
Criminal Investigation Department
Commission for Higher Education; for those with certificates from Private and foreign institutions.